Adam Learns Shotokan Karate
Skip to content
Hyperlink to List of Shotokan Techniques
The History of Shotokan Karate
Characteristics of Shotokan Karate
Japanese Terminology: Stances
How to Address the Instructors
White belt level items
White Belt Vocabulary Words
1. Front stance (‘Zenkutsu Dachi’) notes
2. Back stance (‘Kokutsu Dachi’) notes
5. Immovable Stance (Fudo Dachi)
4. L Stance (Renoji Dachi)
9. Moto dachi (Basic stance)
10. Heiko dachi (Parallel stance)
11. Hachiji dachi / Shizentai (Attention stance)
8. Sanchin dachi (Hourglass stance)
6. Musubi Dachi (Attention Stance)
7. Heisoku dachi (Closed foot stance)
3. Horse Riding Stance (Kiba Dachi).
WB Punching and striking techniques (Tsuki and Uchi Waza)
Gedan Barai (Downward block).
Age Uke (Rising Block)
Shuto Uke (Knife Hand Block)
Blocking drills. Combining blocks.
1. Choku-Zuki (Straight punch)
2. Oi-Zuki (Front Lunge Punch)
3. Gyaku Zuki (Reverse Punch)
4. Hammer fist strike (Tettsui-uchi)
WB Sparring requirements
White belt/Sparring/Ippon Kumite (One step sparring).
White Belt Kata
Videos of me learning Shotokan. WB level.
Yellow belt practice test run thru #1
Yellow belt practice test run thru #3
Yellow belt test run through 4. Dec. 17, 2017
Yellow belt test attempt. Dec 20th 2017.
Yellow belt exam submission video. Dec. 23, 2017
Looking back at the White belt level
Orange Belt test syllabus
My best suggestions
Basic warm ups
Help, helping, donating, etc.
Learn Karate online with Global Martial Arts University!
Global Martial Arts University is the #1 source for online martial arts training.
To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here:
bloggers like this: